Medtronic device catches fire during routine throat surgery

Becky Anderson was awarded $30 million in a malpractice lawsuit after a plastic Medtronic device caught fire in her throat during routine surgery. The plastic tube designed to keep her throat open went up in flames when a laser touched it, causing the hospital to immediately rush Anderson into emergency surgery.

Read more about malpractice lawsuit…

0 Responses to “Medtronic device catches fire during routine throat surgery”



  1. Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s




Enter your email address to subscribe to this blog and receive notifications of new posts by email.

Join 434 other followers

Contact Us:

Hissey Kientz, LLP

9442 Capital of Texas Hwy N.

Arboretum Plaza One, Suite 400

Austin, Texas 78759

Toll-free: (866) 275-4454

Facsimile: (512) 320-9101

Email: info@hkllp.com

Sponsored By:

Hissey Kientz, LLP (Austin, TX)

Attorney Michael Hissey is responsible for the content of this website.


%d bloggers like this: